About our Speaker
Ahmad Namini, PhD
Ahmad Namini is a Professor of the Practice of Business Analytics at Brandeis University’s International Business School. He teaches courses in computer programming, quantitative analysis, machine learning, and sports analytics. Dr. Namini has served as a quantitative analyst/developer, desk strategist, analytics head and chief technology officer in the fixed income and credit derivative spaces for various investment banks and hedge funds. He has a PhD in Computational Mechanics from the University of Maryland and has written numerous refereed journal articles, presented at prestigious conferences, and has consulted with startup and established companies. He served as a faculty member at the University of Miami for 10 years where he developed an NSF-funded research program in computational aerodynamics and parallel computing of long span bridges.
What does Data Analytics mean to you? Find out more about our Data Analytics bootcamp and more when you join us Tuesday October 26th at 1pm PST (4pm ET)!
Our data analytics instructor Ahmad Namini, PhD will review what our course can mean for your data future and will lead us through a live data demo. In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Loading and wrangling data from different data sources
- How to define the Data Science landscape from project goals to implementation to results
- How to develop interactive data analytics projects using the Jupyter interactive framework
- The best way to use Github to build a repository of your projects to maintain and develop code
- Overview of the common visual tools, such as Python’s Matplotlib and Tableau for building production dashboards
- A brief demo of a classification and prediction problem, one regarding the Titanic passengers and other NCAA basketball tournament game predictions
We can’t wait to see you there!