Elevate Your Data Skills. Accelerate Your Career.
Become a certified data scientist or data engineer in as little as
4 months through our innovative & immersive bootcamps.
The Data Science Bootcamp is an immersive, hands-on experience for those with a passion for data. Designed by experienced data science instructors and with feedback from industry partners, TDI’s data science program helps you master in-demand skills so you can launch your career in data science. Each section of the program includes several projects that will shape your data science skills.
In the Data Science & Engineering Bootcamp you’ll master the skills needed to design better data models, build data infrastructures, and effortlessly maintain data. Designed for those with a computer science or software engineering background who have a passion for improving productivity with data and enjoy the challenge of the constantly evolving sources of semi-structured data.
Data Science Essentials is designed to strengthen your data skills—whether it’s to improve your core data wrangling and analysis or to qualify for our data science bootcamp. In this course, you’ll be given the tools to extract, clean, and analyze data using Python. You’ll leverage Python’s powerful libraries to build predictive models to make better decisions, and help employers solve business problems using data-driven insights.
Welcome to TDI
We get it, starting a data career can be overwhelming. So we’ve created an at-a-glance info packet of who we are, what we do and what we offer here at TDI.
* With our ISA Program you’ll pay only your deposit until you’re employed and making a certain threshold. Check out our FAQ for more information about the ISA program and other financial aid options.
See what some of our alumni have to say about their experiences at The Data Incubator
“I was sheltered in the world of academia when I applied to be a TDI fellow. Now, after working for many years in industry, I’ve really come to appreciate the meticulous choices TDI made in its training program that made the transition seamless. From communicating with Slack, to coding exercises on Hackerrank, interview training, to exposure to a variety of relevant technologies—all of this experience I’ve utilized one way or another on the job.”
“Completing mini-projects on diverse and up-to-date topics really helped me to be confident about how to apply my technical skills to solve problems in practical situations. The hands-on experience from end to end, specifically the relevance of the techniques to that in industry, is going to be a long-term benefit for me and certainly for any previous and current student.”
“The most valuable thing I got out of The Data Incubator was the ability to meet people from industry through the partner panels and happy hours. [It] was an extremely efficient way to do a lot of networking in a short amount of time, which greatly increases the chance of finding a job. It is much easier to initiate a dialogue with a hiring partner if you have already met someone from the company.”
Our alumni work at these top-tier companies
Hire The Best
Hiring qualified data scientists and data engineers is hard. Not only are there more open positions than people to fill them, but it’s also often difficult to find the right level of expertise among applicants.
That’s where The Data Incubator comes in.
We train the best data scientists and data engineers available today—with the latest tools and technology they can apply to your data from day one—and ensure they’re ready to use their skills to enhance businesses like yours.
TDI Thought Leadership
Stay up-to-date on industry news from our data experts.
Mechanical engineering and data science may appear vastly different on the surface. Mechanical engineers create physical machines, while data scientists deal with abstract concepts like algorithms and machine learning. Nonetheless, transitioning from mechanical engineering to data science is a feasible path, as explained in this blog.
It’s time to talk about the different data engineering projects you might work on as you enter the exciting world of data. You can add these projects to your portfolio and show the best ones to future employers. Remember, the world’s most successful engineers all started where you are now.
Artificial intelligence (AI) isn’t going to steal your data scientist job! Instead, AI tools like ChatGPT can automate some of the more mundane tasks in your future career, saving you time and energy. To make life easier, here are some data science prompts to get you started.
Discover how you can navigate the expansive world of Machine Learning Operations and learn the basics of MLOps in this new data demo! MLOps is
Discover how you can harness the potential of language models in your projects. During this demo, we will provide you with a quick yet comprehensive
Data Chats with The Data Incubator
Download our Data Chats podcast, a collaborative podcast with The Data Incubator and Pragmatic Data, where we tackle hot data science topics and trends. We’ll chat with data experts, TDI alumni, other instructors and data-savvy guests about emerging topics in data science, data analytics, data engineering and pretty much all things data.
- Data, Design, and Accessibility with Amy Cesal September 22, 2023
- Data Visualization Strategies & Best Practices with Jonathan Schwabish September 12, 2023
- Cracking the Code on Airline Loyalty Programs August 4, 2023
Stay Current. Stay Connected.
Sign up for our newsletter!
TDI isn’t your typical program. We work hard to ensure that we offer the best training from the best instructors, using the latest tools and real-world data so you can feel confident when you step into your new job in data.
- Cohort-style program. Make the transition from academia to the business world, or enhance your data skills while you work with an excited and exceptional peer group. We aim to keep our cohorts intimate, to maximize your interaction with instructors.
- Hands-on experience. All of the projects you complete in the program are designed to give you experience with real data sets while solving real business problems.
- Accessible instructors. Every section has a dedicated data instructor to lead discussions and assist students.
- Mentorship from industry leaders. Learn from alumni and senior data scientists and data analysts while you build your professional network.
- A large network of hiring partners. We work with a number of actively-hiring partner companies each cohort to help find you your dream career—and not just another job.
To apply to the Data Science or the Data Engineering programs, you’ll need to possess these requirements:
- A master’s degree or PhD completed before the beginning of the program, or a PhD that will be completed within 3 months of finishing the program, or a Bachelor’s degree with extensive data-related work experience
- Some prior programming experience
- A foundational knowledge of statistics
- Proficiency in the English language
If you’ve got all that, then you’re eligible to apply for our programs!
To put it plainly, yes. We require all applicants to be familiar with at least one programming language to apply. The Data Science and the Data Engineering program application also requires applicants to take a technical challenge before getting accepted into the program.
While the programs emphasize Python, many of our applicants have experience with other languages and have varying degrees of coding experience.
- For our Data Science applicants, they usually have a strong background in probability, statistics, and experience with programming, scripting, or statistical packages.
- We’ve had successful applicants with degrees in political science, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry and more.
- For our Data Engineering applicants, they should have a strong background in computer science, software development, and experience with programming.
- Data Science Essentials is meant for students who are looking to learn essential data science skills, who may be new to Python and are looking for a more robust learning program, those interested in learning the fundamentals of quantitative analysis or who are looking to apply to the Data Science Fellowship.
To attend our full-time or part-time online Data Science Program the tuition is: $11,000
To attend our full-time or part-time online Data Science & Engineering Program the tuition is: $10,000
For those paying in cash for the Data Science or the Data Engineering programs, we offer two discount options:
- $2,000 for those who apply during our early admissions time frame
- $1,000 for those who apply during our regular admissions time frame
Financing is available through Ascent or other lenders of your choice.
We also offer income sharing, where you don’t pay anything for tuition until you start your career and are earning over a certain threshold. Income sharing is an agreement between you, The Data Incubator, and our partner, Leif. Check out the details under the question “What is income sharing?”
If you’re placed with one of our hiring partners after your training, we’ll refund 30% of your tuition*.
A limited number of tuition-free spots are available for the full-time data science and data engineering programs. Check out the details under the question “Do you offer scholarships?” to learn more.
We encourage you to put your best foot forward during your application for a chance to earn one of these coveted scholarships.
*Participants who use Ascent or Income Sharing Agreements to finance their participation are not eligible for the 30% placement refund.
You bet your spreadsheets we do! There are scholarships for all of our programs.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Scholarship
The Data Incubator DEI Scholarship will contribute to the creation of diversely talented students that will fully represent our industry. Through this scholarship, we will award up to $100,000 annually. We believe that everyone has a right to education regardless of social barriers and are committed to combatting the lack of diversity in STEM. Learn more.
Women of Excellence in STEM Scholarship
The Data Incubator Women of Excellence in STEM Scholarship was created to eradicate the gender gap within the tech field. Through this scholarship, we will award up to $100,000 annually. We believe that it’s our duty to reverse these trends and create more avenues for talented women to enter, remain, and thrive in the field of data. Learn more.
Data Science or Data Engineering Program Fellow Spots
We proudly offer a small number of full-tuition scholarships for these two programs. These tuition-free spots are only available for the full-time program. All applicants will be considered for the scholarship and we will select individuals we believe to be the most highly qualified.
Absolutely. This program is a great opportunity for you to improve your skills for your current organization. If you need help convincing your boss to pay for your training, use this letter to get started.
Income sharing is an agreement between you, The Data Incubator, and our partner, Leif. You attend the program with the understanding that you’ll pay back your tuition after you’ve completed the program and have a job where you’re earning at least $40,000 per year.
This way, you don’t have to worry about paying your tuition until after you’re working. And we’ll provide you with all the support you need to land a role in the data world.
Income sharing is currently only available to individuals with a US Social Security number.
If you decide to participate in income sharing, your monthly payments will begin after you complete the program and begin your job, and will be based on a percentage of your income.
If you have more questions about income sharing, contact Leif at 646-760-3318, or email them directly at email@example.com.
Yes! We’ve partnered with Ascent to provide our students with simple, flexible loan options to fit your needs.
Ascent offers 3 different loan payment options:
- Deferred Repayment: Make no payments while you attend TDI and for three months after.
- Interest Only Repayment: Make low, interest-only payments while attending TDI and for three months after the program.
- Immediate Repayment: Start paying your loan back one month after your TDI program begins.
To apply, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident*
- You have an established, healthy credit history and no outstanding educational loan defaults
- You are accepted to and enrolled in TDI’s fellowship program
*If you are a non-US citizen or permanent resident, or you have DACA status, you are still eligible to apply with a creditworthy cosigner who is a US citizen or permanent resident.
Learn more here!
Tuition for Data Science Essentials is $2,895. But if you purchase your class before the early application deadline you’ll only pay $1,000.
A $1,400 discount is available for groups registering with 3 or more attendees!
While we can’t guarantee that you’ll get a job right after completing the program, we’ll do our best to help you begin your new career in the data world. More than 80% of our graduates are employed within 6 months of completing the program; the odds are definitely in your favor.
Our alumni are hard at work as data scientists and data engineers at some of today’s leading companies, but you can check out our alumni outcomes page to learn more about our graduates.
And, if you’re admitted to our program, you’ll have a chance to speak with some of our alumni during information sessions.
We certainly do.
Data Science Essentials is an online, part-time class that provides you with the data skills you need to do more with your data and prepare you for the Fellowship program.
You can learn more about the class here.