We’ll introduce some common tools and techniques for exploring data and demonstrate how to use them to answer meaningful questions.
In this 30 minute webinar, Michael will show you the steps to:
- Start with an analytical question, then introduce a data set
- Perform initial exploration of the data set, including inspecting columns, looking for missing values, basic visualizations and summary statistics
- Form a plan for analysis, turning the original question into something we can compute
- Find some “checkpoint” values we can compute as we work toward the final answer
- Understand code style and readability.
Additional Notes: If you would like to follow along on your own machine, there are a few steps to take care of. If you don’t already have a Github account, make sure you create one. You should also ensure you have a Python distribution with conda and Jupyter and that you’ve installed Github’s command line tool.